To Be Announced
Boston Museum of Science, Boston, MA
Celebrating POPular Culture's Impact On TechNOLOGY
This interactive, engaging exhibit makes the connection: how technology has been influenced by movies, books, television, art, and futurists.
Which science fiction today will become reality tomorrow? POPnology takes us from fantasy to the reality of driverless cars, robots, drones, 3D printers – and into the future.
POPnology not only chronicles our progression from science fiction to science fact, but also illuminates emerging technologies that are just now showing up on our cultural radar.
How We Play – the future of toys and games. Is virtual the new reality?
How We Connect – the revolution in communication technology
How We Live and Work – Inventions and Ideas that shape our daily lives
How We Move – the future of transportation on earth and beyond
Nvidia Driverless Car
A supercomputer on wheels
3D Printed Car
A POPnology exclusive
Are you faster than a robot?
3D Printing Demonstration
The next Industrial Revolution
Dino Egg 3 Finger Robot
Telepresence and skill test
Create art with code
Social Media Station
Visitors share on Facebook
Cell Phone Deconstructed
A day without a smartphone
Giant Phone Photo Op
A 6’ Motorola brick phone
Live demos every 10 minutes
Oculus Rift Experience
NASA/JPL Mars Rovers
Exact replicas from NASA
PRODUCTION AND LOGISTICS
Space Requirements: 8,000 sq ft
Venue Responsible For Inbound Shipping
- Complete exhibit consisting of exhibition walls, displays and framed artifacts, interactive elements, signage & stations
- Retail storefront for Hall of Heroes related merchandise and capability to integrate with existing on site merchandising plans
- Consultation – site analysis, custom designed floor plan to fit your exhibit space
- Full staff and Production Manager to oversee local operations (install & dismantle)
- Marketing Handbook with key art, press photos, video, and template press releases
- Optional Features available at additional cost:Artist signings – Voice Actors – Industry Talent
- Minimum Access Height: 96"
- Minimum Access Width: 96"
- Storage: 1000 Sq Feet
- Forklift With Fork Extensions
- 2 Pallet Jacks (one standard + one extended)
- 1 (minimum) Johnson Bars (j-bar)
- Elevated Loading Dock for 53' Dry Van OR Forklift
- 4 Heavy-duty Furniture Dollies
- Entrance credentials for all staff and any exhibition volunteers.
- Level site, cleared exhibition space.
- Trench or overhead 110v Power to each exhibit component
- Load in / load out assistance. 2 to 3 crew members minimum
- Exhibit Lighting Focused and Provided By Venue