Summer 2017 - Arizona Science Center
Fall 2017 - Bishop Museum, Honolulu, HI
Transport Your Visitors Behind the Scenes Where Imagination Becomes Reality
ABOUT THE ANIMATION ACADEMY: FROM PENCILS TO PIXELS
The Animation Academy (previously named "Get Animated") explores the unique world of animation, from traditional hand-drawn cels to exciting breakthroughs in stop-motion and CGI. Stage Nine Exhibitions proudly welcomes involvement from major animation studios such as DreamWorks Animation, Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Novelties, Aardman Animations and Laika, and institutions like The Walt Disney Family Museum and The Chuck Jones Estate.
Visitors will create their own stop-motion animated short, learn about the art of storyboarding, go behind the scenes with artists and animators, and enjoy America’s largest 3D zoetrope.
Each display and interactive activity features the participation of industry leaders, from original handdrawn cells to real stop-motion maquettes.
The Croods Spin Browser
Explores the process, from sketches
to wireframes and motion tests
Walt Disney Family Museum
Multimedia display celebrating
one of America’s most beloved
Cloudy With a Chance
of Meatballs Scent
A fun sensory guessing
Walt Disney Backyard
The original design plans
Mr.Toad’s Wild Ride Car
A climb-in photo opportunity
Bill Farmer Voices
You may know him as “Goofy”
One of the world’s largest
Stop Motion Stations
Visitors create their own short
The science of the art
For younger visitors
Kung Fu Panda Photo Op
Po is over 9’ high
Shrek KEVA Castle
Inspiration for getting
creative with wooden blocks
How to Train Your Dragon
Match your favorite dragon
with his roar
PRODUCTION AND LOGISTICS
Space Requirements: 6,000 sq ft
Venue responsible for inbound shipping
- Complete exhibit consisting of exhibition walls, displays and framed artifacts, interactive elements, signage & stations
- Retail storefront for Hall of Heroes related merchandise and capability to integrate with existing on site merchandising plans
- Consultation – site analysis, custom designed floor plan to fit your exhibit space
- Full staff and Production Manager to oversee local operations (install & dismantle)
- Marketing Handbook with key art, press photos, video, and template press releases
- Optional Features available at additional cost:Artist signings – Voice Actors – Industry Talent
- Minimum Access Height: 96"
- Minimum Access Width: 96"
- Storage: 1000 Sq Feet
- Forklift With Fork Extensions
- 2 Pallet Jacks (one standard + one extended)
- 1 (minimum) Johnson Bars (j-bar)
- Elevated Loading Dock for 53' Dry Van OR Forklift
- 4 Heavy-duty Furniture Dollies
- Entrance credentials for all staff and any exhibition volunteers.
- Level site, cleared exhibition space.
- Trench or overhead 110v Power to each exhibit component
- Load in / load out assistance. 2 to 3 crew members minimum
- Exhibit Lighting Focused and Provided By Venue